By Gregory Crawford---TV, Radio and Print Analyst twitter----@wchoops @crawssportsbiz
Miami Heat----Tonight could easily be the last time we see the Miami Heat play in the 2013-14 NBA season, as the San Antonio Spurs are set to knock out the Heat at home in game five of the playoffs and win the NBA championship.
But for sure, it will not be the last time that we will see the Heat in the NBA Finals and winning at NBA title for all the following reasons.
1. The Heat are a great organization, top to bottom, led by great ownership and its president Pat Riley.
2. They have in Erik Spoelstra, a hall of fame coach and at present the best coach in basketball.
3. Sources have told me that the "Big Three", Dwayne Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh are intent on sticking together and being with the Heat for the next several years. Despite what you hear on the rumor market, the three super-stars will be back.
4. There is no question, a weakness of the Heat is the bench. That will be fixed in the offseason by the ever talented Pat Riley and his staff.
5. One player that could really help the Heat is James Ennis. Ennis is a talented big guard, who can do many things with his talent. He was 2013 draft choice of the Heat and then played this last year in Australia, where he had big numbers offensively. He has been in lately to work out for the team and it is expected Miami will offer Ennis a long term deal. The guy can play, so it will be fun to watch his progress.
More of Gregory Crawford: