By Gregory Crawford---TV, Radio and Print Basketball Analyst on twitter @wchoops and @crawssportsbiz
NBA All-Star Game---- So the Portland Trail Blazers are bidding to host either the 2017 or 2018 NBA All-Star game. Good for them, it is so deserved, considering the fact Seattle, Washington hosted an NBA all-star in 1987 and that city does not even have a team in the NBA at present.
Chris McGowan has done a great job as president of the Blazers and he will be the driving force behind bringing this prestigious affair to the Rose City. Just a word of caution, many people are touting this as the greatest sporting event ever to come to the city if it happens. That is laughable. The two greatest sporting events ever to come to the city of Portland were the 1977 NBA championship series, of which Portland won the title and golf's Fred Meyer Challenge, which will never be duplicated.
But on a positive note, to help get this event here, since Portland is always so different and also people are claiming this will be a different atmosphere, I want to help promote this event, by making it even more different.
Instead of letting kids in free, how about giving a free ticket to any Portlander who fits into the following categories.
1. Anyone who has a garden and does not have rose bush in it.
2. Anyone who has never eaten salmon
3. Anyone who has never had a Voodoo donut.
4. Anyone who has never protested a United States President coming to Portland.
5. Anyone without a tattoo.
6. Anyone who has never watched Portlandia.
7. Anyone who in the last three years who has ATTENDED a Portland State football game.
8. Anyone who does not own a bike.
9. And last, but not least, anyone who is a Republican.
And yes, if you gave a free ticket to anyone above, still plenty of tickets left for the dignitaries.
More Gregory Crawford's blogs: