Here we go with week four of Craw's NWAACC Power Rankings. Comments under the blog are greatly appreciated, as are emails at firstname.lastname@example.org , please keep them respectful.
Also for more basketball, please go to www.csnnw.com/blog/crawfords-court. Thank you.
9. Pierce (13-5) (6-2)---The Raiders get back in the top nine after climbing to 2nd in the west region with a 6-2 record. They sit one game behind Highline, who they play on the road tonight.
8. Portland (14-7) (5-2)---PCC rejoins Craw's nine after handing Chemeketa their first league loss 99-89 on the road and then winning at home against SWOCC. PCC is one of three teams tied for first in the south region.
7. Treasure Valley----TVCC drops to 7 after their first league loss to Wenatchee Valley 84-62. They remain tied for 1st in the east with 1 game to go in first round play.
6. Columbia Basin (12-6) (5-1) ----The Hawks make their initial appearance in Craw's power rankings at number 6, after winning 10 of their last 12. The have won 5 in row including big wins over Big Bend and Spokane last week.
5. Southwestern Oregon (16-5) (5-2)---After picking up a home win against Lane, the Lakers travelled to Portland and fell to the Panthers 90-79. They finished the first round 5-2, in a three way tie in the south.
4. Big Bend (15-5) (4-2)----After suffering a 2 point loss 80-78 to Columbia Basin, BBCC got a win against Walla Walla to remain 4-2 in the east. Tonight is big match-up against Spokane, on the road.
3. Whatcom (13-4) (6-1)----Biggest move ever in Craw's NWAACC Power Rankings. Wins over Everett and Shoreline, plus teams in the power rankings losing help propel the Orcas to go from 9th to 3rd.
2. Skagit Valley (13-6) (7-0)---The Cardinals continue to move up after completing their first round sweep, by winning against Bellevue and Olympic last week. Big home test against Edmonds on Saturday.
1. Clark (16-1) (8-0)----Clark took advantage of the home court and beat up on Highline 94-77. The Penguins complete the first round of league play, perfect, at 8-0 and are more than a deserving of NUMBER ONE.
Here are some key games for this Saturday that will impact tournament seeding.
Mt. Hood at SWOCC
Clackamas at Lane
Walla Walla at Treasure Valley
Edmonds at Skagit Valley
Big Time Game of Week
Big Bend at Spokane
First meeting between these rivals, that have finished 1 or 2 in the east the last three years.