By Gregory Crawford, Managing Editor of East West Hoops @wchoops on twitter.
Final week of the regular season and so much on the line all week long.
9. Columbia Basin 15-9 (8-4)-----After becoming one of the hottest teams in the NWAACC, CBC has dropped 3 in row. They sit in a tie for second with Big Bend. A big chance to confuse the league title with a home game against TVCC tonight.
8. Mt Hood 19-6 (8-4)-----The Saints have won 5 of 6 including a nice overtime win at home over Chemeketa 105-102. They are in a 4 way log jam for 2nd place in the south. Huge rivalry game tonight at Clackamas.
7. Big Bend 10-7 (8-4)---BBCC has won 4 in a row and is tied for 2nd in the east. The streak includes a 91-90 win over Columbia Basin, who they are tied with. The travel to Wenatchee, before finishing at home against rival Spokane.
6. Skagit Valley 17-8 (10-2)----After a tough loss to Whatcom, SVC bounced back with 3 wins to remain tied for 1st in the north. They travel to Bellevue tonight, who sits 1 game behind SVC and Whatcom in the north.
5. Treasure Valley 16-8 (9-3)----TVCC had a rough go the long trip going 0-2 against Big Bend and Spokane. The responded by winning 2 games last week to remain the league leader thanks to a slide by CBC, who they play on the road tonight.
4. Portland 18-8 (9-3)----Since a 108-90 loss at Clackamas last week, PCC has won 3 in a row against Lane, Mt. Hood and Linn Benton. They are alone atop the south with 2 games to play. They host Chemeketa tonight and go to SWOCC on Saturday.
3. Pierce 18-6 (11-3)---Two impressive wins by 94 points, before beating Lower Columbia 84-72, then losing to Clark 81-68, still earns the Raiders the number 3 spot this week. The Raiders look to cinch the number 2 seed at home this week against Grays Harbor and Tacoma.
2. Whatcom 17-6 (10-2)----Moved into a tie for first with SVC after beating them 76-68. They remain 1 game ahead of Bellevue after defeating them 74-65. Two road games at Everett and Shoreline to finish the season.
1. Clark 22-1 (14-0)----20 wins in a row and a perfect league record. They cinched the west championship by beating Pierce on Monday. A great season and are the favorites at present to win the NWAACC championship.
Games of the Week (2/19/2014)
Treasure Valley at Columbia Basin
Chemeketa at Portland
Mt. Hood at Clackamas
Games of the Week (2/22/2014)
Portland at SWOCC
Spokane at Big Bend