Greg Crawford is the college basketball insider for CSNNW.com, @wchoops @crawssportsbiz
9. Chemeketa 10-10 (6-2)---Still tied for the south lead with PCC. Large win over Linn Benton to start the second round of league play. Big road test at Mt. Hood tonight.
8. Mt. Hood 16-5 (5-3)---Fresh off a big win in Coos Bay over Southwest Oregon. Big home game against Chemeketa tonight to see if they belong in the elite.
7. Whatcom 13-5 (6-2)---Dropped from 3 to 7 after a loss to Peninsula 75-59. They remain in second in the north with a chance to pull into first when they host Skagit Valley tonight.
6. Pierce 15-5 (8-2)---Started the week with a convincing big win over Highline 81-55 and capped it off with a win over Centralia. Big one ahead when they travel to Clark on Saturday.
5.Portland 15-7 (6-2)---PCC has won three in a row, including at Chemeketa and home wins over SWOCC and Umpqua. They sit in a tie for first with Chemeketa. Huge game tonight at Clackamas, who sits one game behind them.
4. Skagit Valley 14-7 (7-1)---After suffering their first league loss to Edmonds, 82-75, SVC slides to the fourth spot in Craw's Power Rankings. They remain number one in the north after Whatcom fell as well. Huge implication game tonight against Whatcom.
3. Treasure Valley 14-6 (7-1)---TVCC moves up to third after two 10 point wins over Blue Mountain and Walla Walla. Now they make the long road trip to face Big Bend and Spokane, Friday and Saturday.
2. Columbia Basin 14-6 (7-1)---One might wonder how CBC went from unranked to number two, in two weeks, but they have flown under the radar for weeks. They sit tied in the east with TVCC and have the second longest winning streak in the NWAACC at seven games.
1. Clark 17-1 (9-0)---Interesting to note, both the men's and women's team for the Penguins are on 15 game winning streaks, almost unheard of at any level in college basketball. Pretty easy choice to be number one, considering their level of play all year long.
Key Games This Week, with obvious seeding implications.
2/5 Chemeketa at Mt. Hood
2/5 Portland at Clackamas
2/7 Treasure Valley at Big Bend
2/8 Treasure Valley at Spokane
2/8 Columbia Basin at Yakima Valley
2/8 SWOCC at Clackamas
Greg Crawford is the college basketball insider for CSNNW.com and can be read at www.csnnw.com/blog/crawfords-court