By Gregory Crawford---- Editor of Greg Crawford On Basketball--- on twitter @wchoops @kcsportsmgmt @crawssportsbiz
Crawford's Best Nine----- The best nine teams from the six western leagues that play D-1 basketball. Much different than power rankings, more, who is playing great and has played great in the moment. Per usual, we always do things in 9s, out of respect for the great game of golf.
9. Pepperdine----Huge win at St. Mary's yesterday, still 4 league losses, but having a great season.
8. UC Davis----With only one league loss, still the best of the Big West.
7. Eastern Washington---Tremendous comeback win yesterday over Idaho, tied for Big Sky lead.
6. Sacramento State-----Must get by Portland State on the 7th, then a big showdown could loom with Eastern Washington on Feb. 12th.
5. San Diego State-----Very rarely out of Crawford's best nine, Steve Fisher, one great coach.
4. Colorado State---- Big game on Wednesday at Wyoming, to tie for Mt. West lead.
3. Wyoming-----Continue to be one of the best surprises in all of college basketball, leading the brutally tough Mt. West Conference.
2. Arizona----In a weak year for the Pac-12, without question they are the best team in the league
1. Gonzaga----What can you say, they just keep rolling, still my pick to make Final Four.
Crawford's NWAC Women's Power Rankings----It is Sunday, so another edition of Crawford's NWAC Sports power rankings. Per usual, everything is in 9s, out of respect for great game of golf.
NWAC women's basketball is really good, as evidenced by these power rankings.
9. Skagit Valley
8. Columbia Basin
5. Walla Walla
2. Lower Columbia
Cascade Collegiate Conference--- In the best men's NAIA basketball conference in the country, it was another wild weekend of action. In the end, Warner Pacific, College of Idaho and Concordia are atop the league, each having 3 losses. One game back is Southern Oregon.
Warner Pacific had the best weekend of any team in the league, as they defeated on their homecourt, both Eastern Oregon and College of Idaho. The #3 nationally ranked C of I won a big game on Friday night at #11 Concordia, but could not back that up on Saturday at Warner Pacific, losing to the Knights by 19 points.
It is going to be a great race to the finish in this wonderful conference, with playoff positions on the line right up to the final games, as 8 of the league's 10 teams make the playoffs. If you have not seen a game in this league, you really should.
more of Gregory's blogs---- http://crawfordsgolfdaily.blogspot.com