By Gregory Crawford----Editor of Greg Crawford On Basketball--- on twitter @wchoops @crawssportsbiz @kcsportsmgmt
Crawford's Best Nine---- The best nine teams, which come out of the six D-1 leagues in the west. Of course this is controversial, but not intended to be. If you have a better list, as always would love to see it and thanks for reading. Per usual, we always do things in 9s, out of respect for the great game of golf.
9. UC Davis----Continue to be the toast of the Big West and having a great season overall.
8. Eastern Washington----Great road trip to sweep the Montana schools in the Big Sky and remained tied for league lead.
7. New Mexico State---- One of the best teams in country right now, have won 10 of 11 and will win the WAC regular season title.
6. Oregon---- The Ducks are an underrated team and of course are coached by one of the best in the business, Dana Altman.
5. St. Mary's-----Easily the second best team in the WCC, might be the last chance to stop Gonzaga from running the table in the WCC regular season as they meet on February 28th.
4. San Diego State-----As I wrote about this past week, Steve Fisher would have been one of my top three choices to start a basketball program. The Aztecs have vaulted to the top of the Mt. West, which is the best league overall out west, yes, much better than the Pac-12.
3. Arizona---- A brutal loss to Arizona State over the weekend, but they still will go long way in NCAA tournament.
2. Utah-----Tied of the top of the Pac-12, no surprise, a rising basketball power out west and await a visit from Arizona very soon, to probably settle the Pac-12 regular season title.
1. Gonzaga----DUH? Easiest pick anyone would ever have to make, now Zags have so much to prove in the NCAA tournament, as they have the talent to go to the Final Four.
Dean Smith----With his passing this weekend, it probably sums up how great of a coach Dean Smith was indeed, by the fact 50 of his players went onto to play in the NBA and many had very long careers, not to forget how many of his players who played in the ABA.
Crawford's NWAC Sports Power Rankings----It is Sunday, so time for another edition of Crawford's NWAC Sports Women's BB power rankings. Per usual, only 9 can make the cut, as we do things in 9s out of the great respect for the game of golf.
8. Skagit Valley
7. Wenatchee Valley
5. Walla Walla
2. Lower Columbia
Coming Soon----Look for a major announcement, right here, coming from Kiyokawa Crawford Sports Management regarding the game of basketball. It will be exciting and important.
more of Gregory's blogs----http://crawfordsgolfdaily.blogspot.com
email--- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org